Today's post is a test of your movie quote knowledge. Each photo is captioned by at least one quote from a movie. We had fun finding them and it is a reflection of how silly we have been every evening after work. The answers are at the end of the post.
1. “Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we've touched.”
This is the family who lives in the house (behind us) that we worked on last year. Yorleni was still thanking us for helping out and the house is beautiful!
2. "Look, I don't mean to be rude but this is not as easy as it looks, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't distract me."
Abby helped us tackle the mountain again today and learned how to use the pickaxe.
You've been mostly-dead all day."
4. "Any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment - to all that he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... Victorious."
5. "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."
While this photo wasn't taken today, we liked the quotes.
6. "Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"
7. "Do you mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O'Hara, the Tara, the LAND doesn't mean anything to you? Why, land is the only thing in the world worth workin' for, worth fightin' for, worth dyin' for! Because it's the only thing that lasts."
Our team in front of the hill we were working on, just before we had to leave.
8. "What are you preparing?! You're always preparing! Just go!"
Getting ready for VBS.
"I yelled at Kenny today for coloring outside the lines... Megan and I are starting to watch the same tv shows, and I'm liking 'em... I'm losing it."
Abby encouraging a little girl at VBS to color her puppet and puzzle.
10. "I think this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
11. "When you first meet people all you notice are differences between you and them, but as time passes, you start noticing the similarities. I guess that's how all friendships begin."
This is Abby's new friend, Angie, and her cousin. The girls bonded and had a great time together.
12. "You've got to embrace the chaos. That way, life just astonishes you."
This picture captures the organized chaos that was VBS today. It was a bit of a blur!
13. "Who is it? You'll have to come back later. I'm doing the dishes."
Abby cleaned up after all of us this evening. This is the area where dishes are washed.
14. "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
Post dinner ice cream in celebration of a long few days of work. This was our last working day. Tomorrow we head out for a few days of relaxation and sightseeing. Not sure if we will have Internet access, so if we don't post until Tuesday, (15.) "Hakuna Matata!"
"How are you feeling today? Tired?
Oh, no, I'm not tired. But my finger is."
Scroll down for the answers to our movie quiz.
1. Remember Me
2. Princess Bride
3. Princess Bride
4. Any Given Sunday
6. Monty Python & the Holy Grail
7. Gone With The Wind
9. Mr. Mom
12. Hot Tub Time Machine
13. Animal House
14. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
15. The Lion King
Bonus: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians