Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fear

Have you ever had a fear that was so silly that you didn't even want to admit that you were afraid?  I've got to admit that I've got one right now.  It seems as if every single person I know who has gone on a mission trip has come back saying how much their experiences on the trip have changed them.  I'm afraid that I will come back from Costa Rica and feel no differently than I do now.  In my mind, I know that no matter what happens, I will be returning a changed person.  I've never been out of the country (well, except to Canada) before.  I've never been on a mission trip before.  Even if I weren't to experience anything more than those two things, I will return changed.  Intellectually, I realize that, but I still have that niggling fear that I will be unmoved by what I see, do or experience.   I know that God will use each member of our team to do His work in Costa Rica.  I'm praying that God will bless this trip so many times over that not only will we be of service to others, that I will be one of those who returns from this mission trip with renewed purpose and a greater love for God, humanity, and nature. 

Please continue to lift our team up in prayer as we venture forth as representatives of our congregation and as the hands/feet/faces of God. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Susan,
    I just wanted to let you know that I just read this post and in this moment you are in my prayers.
    God bless you and your team!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete