Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 2 from Lucy the Mission Dog

Hello my name is Lucy and I run the Strong mission in Costa Rica. Charlie Strong thinks he runs the mission, but I really keep it running. Today I took the WSC Costa Rica mission team to their second day building a home for Yolena and her wonderful children. It started as a beautiful day, the team was very excited to get back to the house site. I of course led the way protecting them from strange dogs and odd cats.

Jack really wanted to finish digging a 7 foot deep hole, Blaine started the plumbing, Debbie took the lead on finishing the painting and everyone else started mixing cement. Emily from Texas joined the group. I like Emily, she pets me alot and i sleep outside her cabin. Two of my fellow mission helpers jenny and Wilbur gave human directions, but kept me eye on the group and made sure they did everything right. Well until my friend a small black dog my size came to visit, then i took a little break.

The group got a ton done in the morning and we took a very late break for lunch. I led the way home and we were all happy to get spaghetti and garlic bread for lunch! Yum. Charlie had lunch with the team and explained the amazing work we do at Strong Missions, feeding the poor, building homes and changing the lives of the people in Costa Rica and the hundreds of people like the WSC team who come to help every year.

After lunch the crazy team decided to move some huge boulders from the front yard of the site to the back, jack almost had a boulder roll into the hole with him, but Blaines quick heroics saved the day. I of course assisted by. barking loudly. A huge lightning strike right next to the site ended the day. We cleaned up quick and marched home in the rain.

Another successful day at Strong Missions and time for this puppy to eat dinner and go to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to hearing more from your team.

    ReplyDelete